Need suggestion setup for post-process UAV survey mapping

Hi guys,

I’m very new to RTK GPS system. I’m planning to use on fixed-wing. I prefer to post-process and I have a few question to ask. Is this possible to bring only one rover? I don’t want to carry and setup for base.

1.Is there any way to use only one on rover and get base station log file for post-process? (where can I find the base station log file)

2.Can I use one rover and one base but they are not sending data to correct rtk data and post-process them later?(where can I find the base station log file to correct the base position)
sorry for my english.
Thank you

Hi!
We are using a 4G/LTE modem inside the airplane and collect Virtual Reference Station NTRIP base data from an RTK correction network. (We are located in Hungary and the service is very straightforward, moreover we have an option to obtain data for post processing by selecting a virtual reference station and they are able to provide RINEX data for the given location). It depends on the services you can find in your country.

[quote=“natapatnatapat, post:1, topic:5097, full:true”]
Hi guys,
I’m very new to RTK GPS system. I’m planning to use on fixed-wing. I prefer to post-process and I have a few question to ask. Is this possible to bring only one rover? I don’t want to carry and setup for base.[/quote]
Yes

[quote=“natapatnatapat, post:1, topic:5097, full:true”]
1.Is there any way to use only one on rover and get base station log file for post-process? (where can I find the base station log file)[/quote] Its possible, either from your own base, ntrip service og free open services. Not sure what you have available

Yes. If you dont need absolute coordinates, base will average it for you.

Thank you @TB_RTK, @vbnhu, I’m not sure that open service ntrip are available in my area. I will find the way to use it. If you guys have better solution I give it a try.

Hi everyone,

The last post here was a long time ago :smile: However, I’m here to bring you up to date: we have free desktop software Emlid Studio. You can easily post-process data and geotag photos with it.

Don’t hesitate to create a new thread if any questions come up!