Need help! Can’t get this to work at all!

Well, this afternoon I encountered the same problem.

I had two students who needed to do some static observations followed by some RTN surveying. Several other groups had already done so with no issue following my instructions, which involved setting up a hotspot on their phones (they all used the same SSID and password so they wouldn’t have to set up the RS2).

This latest group had only IPhones and they couldn’t get the RS2 to connect. When they came back, we tried several things. I was able to connect to their hotspot with my phone, but the RS2 would boot up, the blue WiFi led would flash a few times as it seemed to try to connect, then reverted to the white led as it created its own hotspot.

I then activated the hotspot on my Android phone and everything worked fine.

I guess there’s an issue with Apple’s settings that prevents the RS2 from connecting properly. It’s annoying but now we know it’s not a layer 8 problem (meaning it’s probably not your fault).

I’m glad to hear someone else is having this problem as well with the Apple products. I have been successful finally getting it to connect with my home WiFi and also being able to connect with my local vrs system. I’m really wondering if it’s just an Apple thing or not. I wish someone could chin in on this topic that has an Apple product and is successfully connection to their hotspot

1 Like

Hi Greg,

To determine the iOS hotspot issue, I’d ask you to conduct the following test. Please, connect any other device to the iOS hotspot first, and then try to connect Reach.

Could you please check if this helps?

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the report!

May I ask you to specify what iOS version the smartphones run?

I can connect any device I want to, to the hotspot on my phone or iPad. Just not the reach

Greg,

Let me clarify what I mean.

I’d like to ask you to connect a device to the hotspot and then connect the Reach so that both devices are connected to the hotspot simultaneously. Please make sure Reach is the second device to be connected to the hotspot.

@polina.buriak

I was able to get the iOS versions for both students:

So it would seem it is not limited to one specific version.

I’m also running the same versions of software. I tried connecting my tablet to the hotspot on my phone first and then the reach unit. Still a no go.

Hi Gabriel,

May I ask you to specify the firmware version your Reach RS2 runs on?

Hi Greg,

Could you please specify the firmware version of your Reach RS2 as well? Do I understand correctly that currently it’s v2.20.8?

Also, may I ask you to check if your unit connects to any Android device’s hotspot?

Yes that is the currr t firmware it’s running. And not sure if I can connect to an android device. I don’t have one available to use. I can search around and try

In my case it is v2.21.2.

Hi Greg @gregh, Gabriel @Gabriel_C,

May I ask you to generate the Full System Reports on your units and send them to me in PM? It’d help us understand the issue as we could not reproduce it in the office.

You can use this guide to find out how to download the FSRs from your devices.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.