Navio2 - RTK? NTRIP? CORS?

Hey! Just got my navio2 set up and starting to think about how to integrate it in to my project, I’m looking to use my states (New York) NTRIP/CORS system to perform RTK with the Navio2, has anyone done this? Is this possible?

If it is possible can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

ManicalEngineer

maniacal?

Hi @ManicalEngineer,

Navio2 built-in GNSS module can’t work in RTK.

However, you can use Reach M+ as RTK rover with Navio2. Check out the integration guide in our docs.

Note, that you also need to plug an external LTE/3G modem to Reach M+ or connect it to the network with Internet access.

Thank you for your response, I’m pretty disappointed. I should have been more diligent, however for a company who’s base products provide RTK capabilities its surprising that they’d offer a product that is advertised for use with drone/UAV type projects that doesn’t offer those capabilities.

Is it my understanding that the previous version of Navio did offer those capabilities?

I guess I’ll have to see if there is another solution available, because I’m not sure I want to wait another 3 weeks for more hardware from a company I feel duped by.

@ManicalEngineer,

The previous Navio version didn’t support RTK and required external GNSS RTK rover as well.

Not all of drones applications need the centimeter-precision. For those use-cases that require more precise positioning, we provide Reach M+ device, that is designed especially for UAV and recommended to use as a second GNSS receiver on Navio2 to provide more robust performance. Both built-in GNSS and Reach M+ should be enabled in that case.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.