Navio2 RSSI - How to implement

Hello all!

I’m curious if anyone has had any success implementing RSSI with the Navio2. I found a couple of posts related to the Navio+, but they’re not entirely clear how they implemented reading and reporting of the RSSI value.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Joseph,

You can use the ADC port for RSSI levels. If your RSSI is PWM, you might need to use a smoothing capacitor. Pins 4 and 5 in APM.

@ivereninov I’m using a FrSky X8R receiver, so following your advise I’ve acquired a PWM-analog adapter. I’ve connected the signal to ADC2 and the ground to the second ground. At first I had connected to the first ground and got nothing, but now after switching grounds I’m receiving rxrssi values in the Mission Planner.

My next question is this, and please forgive me for I’ve only previously used audible alerts for low signal, but what should this rxrssi look like? For me right now it seems to drift from 43 to 55 when in close proximity(20m indoors, through walls). I guess I was expecting something like 0%-100% signal, and something seems wrong if the rssi value stays centered in this range regardless of range.

My settings in MP are as follows:
RSSI_ANA_PIN = 4
RSSI_CHAN_HIGH = 2000
RSSI_CHAN_LOW = 1000
RSSI_CHANNELL = 0
RSSI_PIN_HIGH = 3.3
RSSI_PIN_LOW = 0.1
RSSI_TYPE = 1

Best regards!

1 Like

There is a simple way to check voltage on ADC by typing in this command:
cat /sys/kernel/rcio/adc/ch4

Output is mV.

If that works, there must some issue with setup in APM.

1 Like