Navio2 + RPI4 DroneKit or

I have NAVIO2 with RPI4 and all copter setup done and install. I have calibrated most of the units using QGroundcontrol except Battery (I am using a DC Power supply) Remote control (It is on its way). In the midst of this I am trying to get the DroneKit to work inside raspberry pi. I am using arducopter 3.6 and DroneKit Copter 3.3. I tried running the following script. but ended up

print “Start simulator (SITL)”
import dronekit_sitl
sitl = dronekit_sitl.start_default()
connection_string = sitl.connection_string()

Import DroneKit-Python

from dronekit import connect, VehicleMode

Connect to the Vehicle.

print(“Connecting to vehicle on: %s” % (connection_string,))
vehicle = connect(connection_string, wait_ready=True)

Get some vehicle attributes (state)

print “Get some vehicle attribute values:”
print " GPS: %s" % vehicle.gps_0
print " Battery: %s" % vehicle.battery
print " Last Heartbeat: %s" % vehicle.last_heartbeat
print " Is Armable?: %s" % vehicle.is_armable
print " System status: %s" % vehicle.system_status.state
print " Mode: %s" % vehicle.mode.name # settable

Close vehicle object before exiting script

vehicle.close()

Shut down simulator

sitl.stop()
print(“Completed”)

These documentation are very confusing… I figured it now. The simulator is not working on the Navio. and I just ran apm.launch and connected using my telemetry and it is working now… Will post if any other questions arises…

However the vehicle is not armable… Is there a way to arm it without the remote control?

Hi @champikanirosh,

Welcome to the community forum!

We’re looking into the issues with the Dronekit on Navio2. We’ll post the update once we have news.

Regarding the arming, do I understand correctly that you can arm the copter using the QGroundControl? I’d suggest looking through this Dronekit doc that explains how to make your copter take off automatically.