Navio2 + RPI4 DroneKit or

I have NAVIO2 with RPI4 and all copter setup done and install. I have calibrated most of the units using QGroundcontrol except Battery (I am using a DC Power supply) Remote control (It is on its way). In the midst of this I am trying to get the DroneKit to work inside raspberry pi. I am using arducopter 3.6 and DroneKit Copter 3.3. I tried running the following script. but ended up

print “Start simulator (SITL)”
import dronekit_sitl
sitl = dronekit_sitl.start_default()
connection_string = sitl.connection_string()

Import DroneKit-Python

from dronekit import connect, VehicleMode

Connect to the Vehicle.

print(“Connecting to vehicle on: %s” % (connection_string,))
vehicle = connect(connection_string, wait_ready=True)

Get some vehicle attributes (state)

print “Get some vehicle attribute values:”
print " GPS: %s" % vehicle.gps_0
print " Battery: %s" % vehicle.battery
print " Last Heartbeat: %s" % vehicle.last_heartbeat
print " Is Armable?: %s" % vehicle.is_armable
print " System status: %s" % vehicle.system_status.state
print " Mode: %s" % vehicle.mode.name # settable

Close vehicle object before exiting script

vehicle.close()

Shut down simulator

sitl.stop()
print(“Completed”)

These documentation are very confusing… I figured it now. The simulator is not working on the Navio. and I just ran apm.launch and connected using my telemetry and it is working now… Will post if any other questions arises…

However the vehicle is not armable… Is there a way to arm it without the remote control?

Hi @champikanirosh,

Welcome to the community forum!

We’re looking into the issues with the Dronekit on Navio2. We’ll post the update once we have news.

Regarding the arming, do I understand correctly that you can arm the copter using the QGroundControl? I’d suggest looking through this Dronekit doc that explains how to make your copter take off automatically.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.