Navio2 + PX4 + MAVROS

Hi there,

I’m using PX4-emlid-navio2 with the RPi3 and want to let them communicate with the on-board mavros.
How can I do this ?
I have probably a trouble with the FCU adress given in the PX4 / or on the mavros node start :
For PX4 i do this :

mavlink start -d /dev/ttyAMA0 -b 921600 -m onboard -r 80000
INFO [mavlink] mode: Onboard, data rate: 80000 B/s on /dev/ttyAMA0 @ 921600B

For mavros i do this :

roslaunch mavros px4.launch

with following relevant lines in the px4.launch file :

<arg name="fcu_url" default="/dev/ttyAMA0:921600" />
 <arg name="gcs_url" default="udp://172.26.143.43:14551@172.26.142.79:14550" />

And by the way : I tried with an external pixhawk that just worked fine with the serial communication. But not with the navio2

Hi @alexis.offermann,

We officially support only ArduPilot on Navio2. We’ve never tested Navio2 with PX4, so, I’m afraid, I can’t be of much help on this.

Hope there is somebody from our users who works with PX4 and might help you to resolve the issue.

Ok thanks !

Another question for you then,

is there any node in Ros using ardupilot that can directly command the PWM of the navio ?
I know the offboard mode that allows to use the actuator control node with the PX4, but that doesn’t exist with ardupilot from my point of view.
Any idea?

Alexis

Hi @alexis.offermann,

Sorry for the delayed reply!

You can publish values to /mavros/rc/override topic with rostopic tool to control PWM outputs.

yes i tried that, with a delay of 2seconds.
Eventually i’m trying a costum ros node based on the navio libraries that won’t have the latency.
I will try and update response ASAP.

Hi @alexis.offermann,

It’d be great to see the results. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.