Navio2 - Growing wobbles until it crashes

Is that different than calibrating the ESCs using the throttle channel?

Also, in mission planner it has an ESC calibration section, but it says to use a USB connection. Do I ignore that part?

yes diferente

please, do like I describe.

at the end , sound beepsā€¦

Ok, I did that and tried a test flight again. No changes.

I tried to take a video. I missed most of it since I was trying to do multiple things but if you pay attention you can see it wobble as soon as its off the ground.

Ouch, bummer dude. Nice choice of frame(Quanum Spider 700). Picked one up myself, but Iā€™ve only flown it with a Naza M V2. I currently have my Navio2 in a cheap F550 for testing purposes until I feel confident in the Navio2. Though Iā€™ve only taken the Navio2 for a few flights so far(waiting for RPi3 image), Iā€™ve been lucky enough to avoid any crashes.

Compared to the Naza M V2, the Navio2 just feels erratic/unstable, though Iā€™m sure itā€™s just a matter of tuning of PID. Compass calibration can be a bugger as I, and I believe others have found :frowning:

Just wanted to say that I commend you for your courage of flight testing with a $150 frame :wink: Wish I had suggestions for you, but I can only offer encouragement to see your rig soar; Crack On Dude!

1 Like

Nathan your PIDs are completely wrong, or you have a motor or esc failure.

Joseph , I have Navio in more than one frame, Taylor made frames, really expansive frames and HW, and I really happy with Navio, very good board.
Naza is a proprietary board, I cant do native video streaming, I cant use 4g, etcā€¦etcā€¦etcā€¦

Shouldnā€™t stock PIDs work for the most part? I havenā€™t changed them from what they come with.

1 Like

Which way do you think I should start adjusting my PID, up or down?

I took what I think is the main P value down from .150 to .08 and I was able to get it into the air and its stable enough that it definitely seems like my issue was/is PID values.

Definitely PIDs. Iā€™d drop your I gain to match your P gain, then use autotune.
Or follow the arducopter tutorial for a manual tune, if you feel confident.

With large motors I didnā€™t think you could use auto tune? Am I ok to use them with low KV motors?

Iā€™ve made a new post with a newer video about this, thinking it would be easier for people to find.

This thread was in the weekly summary email: I donā€™t check the forum every day.
The ardupilot forum would probably get more response by the way.
If youā€™ve had to drop P and I to get it stable enough to fly I think autotune would work.
Iā€™ve auto tuned a 6S/415kv quad, but went manual for a monster 100kv rig.
With autotune on a switch, if you donā€™t like how itā€™s going just switch back to alt hold if it starts to look worrying

Thanks! Iā€™m still fairly new so I didnā€™t know what other forums to use besides this one.

No worries.
The ardupilot forum is http://discuss.ardupilot.org/