Navio2 Current issue

In case you are creating a thread about an issue it is necessary to provide following information to get help:

1. Image and ArduPilot version.
    Image from docs: link. ArduPilot Version: arducopter 4.0. Raspberry Pi 4B.
  2. Detailed problem description. How does expected behavior differ from the observed one?
    I have got a negative current on disarming state of copter. On arming state current changes from -2A to -1.9A, if throttle are increased. I think, that current should be near 0A if copter is disarmed and throttle is zero (correct me, if I mistake). And increase to 10A, if throttle is max.
  3. Your step by step actions.
    I connected navio using power module for navio2. I executed all stuff from ROS docs page. Then I check current in Mission Planner (it was installed from this link), I see that current is negative (-2A).
  4. Screenshot with the error.
    Battery monitor; params list
  5. If using any additional hardware please provide exact make and model.
    Early I used another power module and had an same error. I thought that power module was broken. But with emlid power module I have got the same. What I’m doing wrong? Thanks for help.

Hi Sergey,

Navio2 and power module don’t transmit the battery state to Mission Planner. As far as I know, ground control stations usually try to predict the battery monitor parameters based on the battery characteristics. That’s why I can hardly explain why you’re getting negative current values.

However, you can try to recalibrate this as described in Ardupilot docs.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.