Navio2 - Building APM from sources

Since I’m still having issues with motors 5 & 6 calibrating and arming with the Navio2, I thought that I’d try building APM from sources on the RPi2. Following the documentation, when I enter “make navio2-hexa” I get a response of “make: *** No rule to make target ‘navio2-hexa’. Stop.”

For the hell of it, I tried “navio2-quad” with the same results. Finally I tried “make navio-hexa”, and that seemed to begin the compiling process… but I have a Navio2, so what should I do? The root problem here is that motors 5 & 6 are not calibrating and arming, so I thought that compiling from scratch would help, but I only ended up with another issue.

Is anybody running the Navio2 on a hexacopter? If so, what worked/didn’t work for you?

Best regards

Joseph, we are catching up with APM support and something might not be in the right place yet. Sorry about the issues.

We will have a check on hexa issue and I will write you back.

Right on, I totally appreciate your efforts! Can hardly wait for the first flight!

Any word yet as to getting the hexa working?

Best regards

@jlrogers2

If you don’t need to modify the source, you’d be perfectly fine launching the packaged version, i.e. ArduCopter-hexa.

@jlrogers2

Sorry, I haven’t noticed your other post.I can confirm the issue. There was a bug. So thank you for reporting! The package will be updated shortly.
The source code is being worked on to be disclosed.

UPD:

The new package has been released. In this version the issue that’d been described above, should be gone.

@george.staroselskiy

Right on! I’ll give the new package a try later today after work. Hopefully I’ll be able to take my first test flight tomorrow morning if everything else goes well :smile:

Best regards