NavIO(+) Design

Hi,

I was just wondering whether the NavIO(+) was designed based on the APM 2.6 standard or the newer PX4 standard, like the Pixhawk Fire Cape.
I am looking at using either the NavIO(+) or the Pixhawk Fire Cape but I’m leaning towards using something based on the newer PX4 standard. If the NavIO(+) is based on PX4 then it means later on I can look at putting it on more powerful boards to do some more interesting tasks.
On a side note has anyone had any luck getting the NavIO working on boards more powerful than the Raspberry Pi?

Regards, Clayton

Hi Clayton,

What do you mean by APM/Pixhawk standard? Main difference between APM2.6 and Pixhawk is the processor (ATMega vs STM32), but Navio+ uses processor of Raspberry Pi so I would consider it different from both.

Navio+ is compatible with Odroid C1 which is vastly more powerful than Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone. Some changes to the code are required and we are working on them.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for that clarification, I have been misinformed.

Am I right in saying that the Navio+ has less connections to sensors than the Pixhawk/Fire Cape, or have I missed something.

What kind of progress have you made with getting Navio+ to work with the Odroid C1?

Well, Navio+ got all necessary external connectors for SPI, I2C, UART and Power Module. Don’t forget about USB which lets you connect a lot of different peripherals.

We are waiting for datasheet for the Odroid processor to be opened (which should happen in January) to implement PPM decoding. All other stuff works but there is more testing to be done.