i beleive the Pi 4 compute model arrived with new form factor and open sourced dev board.
many companies stared throwing a LOT of custom boards including ones for drones integrated with Pixhawk standard
i believe navio best fit for this model instead of a normal HAT. Navio board based on compute model gives all the flexibility that is needed for a drone:
- more compact
- add second camera connector !
- remove unnecessary connectors that does not make sense for a drone e.g. second HDMI
- add antenna connectors instead of the internal antenna
- eMMC Flash memory instead of SD
- PCIe for external communication link e.g. based on SDR ( there are few out there!)
- have custom battery connector e.g. XT60 and internal circuits to power the board instead of the USB input.
and many more. what do you think. does it make sense