There are not many serious FPV folks using Navio 2 for FPV. It seems to me that all the pieces are there. Can someone with more knowledge than I know if what I propose for my new Navio 2 is possible.
- Use a Pi2 Cam as an FPV camera
- Use RP3 for OSD (seen a RP 3 do this)
- Control a GoPro Session/Hero 4 via WiFi (or even a Runcam). I have done this with Arduino on the bench so it must be possible with a RP3. I know starting and stopping recording can likely be done but I want to stream the video as well. Latancy is not really an issue as the is an FPV plane and not a racing copter.
- Do camera switching between GoPro and Pi cam with RC channel.
- Use conventional 1.3 Ghz analog for video transmission.
- Dragonlink V3 for RC and Telem on 433. (I know I do not even need to list this, but I am doing it for completion)
This would be a classic FPV setup but with far less clutter and wires. Can anyone with more knowledge let me know if this is unrealistic. I am guessing item 3 may be a stretch. I know Wifi Broadcast is possible but I am not sure it really will suffice for long range.