My Q450 build

Hey everyone, I am putting together a build using the Q450 frame. I feel as though I am close to having everything I need but if some one experienced could run down my list and tell me if I am missing anything, I would be greatly appreciative. Also, if I have an incorrect item, I would appreciate knowing that as well.

Build List:

Frame:
Q450 V3 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame 450mm - Integrated PCB Version

Motor’s / ESC’s:
MultiStar & Afro Combo Pack - 2216-800KV and Matched 20A Afro ESC Set of 4 CW/CCW

Propellers:
Gemfan Glass Nylon Propeller 9x4.5 Grey (CW/CCW) (2pcs)

Battery:
Multistar High Capacity 4S 5200mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

Tx / Rx:
FrSky Taranis X9D Plus 2.4GHz ACCST Radio (Mode 2) & X8R Receiver

Misc:
Raspberry Pi 2 B
Navio+ (and all the extras)
Frsky sbus to cppm converter
battery charger

For telemetry I am using a couple Xbee modules I have.

I think I have listed everything, but if I forgot something, suggest it and I will state whether or not I have that item in question.

Thanks!

KritixChoyce

In my case, I’ll prefer to use a D4R-II receiver so I don’t have to buy/install a sbus to cppm converter. It takes less space and weight too.

Thanks for the reply! Anyone else care to comment or help out? It would greatly be appreciated!

Buy a X4R or X4RSB receiver and flash it with the cppm firmware provided by frsky. No reason to buy old tech.

1 Like

This list contains everything I already have. The receiver came with my transmitter and I already purchased the sbus to cppm coverter. :smile:

Can you please share where you bought the motor and esc combo ?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=76073

there ya go!

thank you. have they worked ok ?

what battery charger is used for your lipo pack?

I haven’t finished building it yet. That was the purpose behind this new thread, to make sure I had everything I needed. :smiley:

This is the battery charger that I recently purchased.

you don’t need to build everything to test you motor esc set up. and I suggest you do that now before you find unpleasant surprises later :slight_smile:

I have that charger and its awesome. You wont regret that charger.

Well I have the ESC’s attached to the built in PDB on my frame. I also have my navio+ connected to my raspberry pi. I just haven’t done much with it. I have played around with my transmitter on a flight simulator.