Multiple Ground Control Stations

Is it possible to have multiple ground station?

TELEM1="-A udp:127.0.0.1:14550"
#TELEM2="-C /dev/ttyAMA0"

Options to pass to ArduPilot

ARDUPILOT_OPTS="$TELEM1 $TELEM2"

-A is a console switch (usually this is a Wi-Fi link)

-C is a telemetry switch

Usually this is either /dev/ttyAMA0 - UART connector on your Navio

or /dev/ttyUSB0 if you’re using a serial to USB convertor

-B or -E is used to specify non default GPS

Hi @bobbyl8133,

We haven’t tried to accomplish that. However, I suppose if you don’t utilize a bidirectional connection with both GCSs, it should be possible to establish such connection, with one of GCS being in a read-only mode.

You can connect to one GCS via a Wi-Fi link and to another one via a radio link, for example. However, I’m afraid I can’t be more specific than that.

I’d suggest taking a look at this thread on ArduPilot’s forum where the pilots discuss this topic. Maybe some of our users will share their experience with this as well.

Hello.

I probably should have explained what I’m trying to do better. What I would like to do is have 2 different laptops to control my drone. I’m not looking to use them at the same time. When I go back and forth from my work laptop or personal laptop I have to change IP address. I would to have both IP addresses in the file so I don’t have to edit the file ever time I switch laptops. Is this possible?

You could use TCP for the connection. It adds more overhead and is not as robust as UDP, but you can enter -A tcp:0.0.0.0:5670 (or another port). This makes the RPi/Navio listen for a connection on any IP/device. A better and more flexible option would be to install mavlink-router. With this software you can enter multiple UDP endpoints with different IPs.
You will have to compile it yourself.

Another option would be mavproxy. It is a full flegded GCS, but it can also route mavlink to multiple targets.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.