Multiple fix points for a single physical location

what you say is true, while working with geographic coordinates

2 Likes

Hi @sbm,

Thanks for sharing the data in PM and sorry it took so long to look into them!

I checked the data you sent me and agree that the issue in the shift between 2 this point should be caused by using corrections from 2 mount points using different coordinates systems.

As for your request regarding other coordinate systems support in ReachView, this is on our roadmap, however, I canā€™t provide you with any timelines for now.

Do you have any difficulties with holding the fix on your Reach RS2 receiver? It seems the RTK solution status remains Float for the most of surveying time.

Thanks @tatiana.andreeva , that particular observation time the RS2 was in float for a while, but usually it will obtain a quick fix and hold it for the duration. One time I even had it switch straight from one fix point to the other fix point without wandering in float. It is normally in fix.

Will be very eager to see other coordinate systems supported, especially in the RTK modes. I donā€™t get the impression that emlid intends to lock us all down to only using their units, even though that seems to be the case currently. I think we all see the benefits of playing well with other equipment and data sources.

From WGS84 itā€™s really not that bad to convert. I understand frustrations but one can very easily convert survey to whatever heart desires be it RTK or PPK. Hope all works out.

I agree it is trivial to convert after points have been gathered. Are you suggesting that there is a way to convert an RTK base coordinate such as in the UNAVCO system to WGS84 so that it can be used as an NTRIP source? It seems like Snip would be a good candidate for such a utility, but I havenā€™t found one.
How would you suggest getting a fix for a stakeout without using another RS2 as base?

Are you sure UNAVCO real-time stream is not IGS08? SNIP is worth exploring more I just havenā€™t got to that point yet as I was looking at putting permanent stations on both the house and office. I have seen datum shift capability for stations broadcasting different datums in past research.

https://www.use-snip.com/datum-shifts/

I do not have a good suggestion for you here for stakeout. Perhaps calculate an offset to known point from your WGS84 stakeout file when recieving NTRIP corrections. Then back at office apply necessary offset to stakeout file based on your NTRIP source you are to use and upload back onto unit. Run stakeout and see if hit known point within acceptable tolerance.

But for these reasons I really prefer the flexibility of running two Emlid units as base and rover.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.