MPU messages

I am having difficulty calibrating the compass and barometer. And I am getting the messages bellow even when the device is cold. Is there are relation between those messages and the difficulty to calibrate?

MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6352 -16104
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 5 of 5
MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6400 -7948
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 2 of 2
MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6464 -683
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 9 of 9
▒ ▒Q▒▒PuTTYMPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6352 -209
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 4 of 4
MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6464 0
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 2 of 2
MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6400 19963
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 1 of 9
MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6400 -1173
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 1 of 9
MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6432 -677
MPU: IMU[0] stop at 9 of 9
MPU: temp reset IMU[0] 6368 -1285

Hi Philip,

Those messages don’t say much about the issue. Have you checked that everything is okay with the sensors? For this, you can run the following:

emlidtool test

We also recommend covering the barometer with a piece of open-cell foam.

When i run that command it says that all sensors are good. Do you have instructions for calibrating using mission planner?

We recommend following the instructions that are presented in the ArduPilot documentation. They have the guides for mandatory hardware calibration. Please check this list of the guides that can be of help.

1 Like

I feel like the calibrating data aren’t being saved. I have to calibrate every time I reboot the navio2. I’m using TCP for connecting the navio2 with mission planner. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks

I can’t recall facing the same behavior. Maybe it’s better to ask about it on the ArduPilot forum as there might be an issue with Mission Planner.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.