Most Accurate RTK Logging

Hello,

I wasn’t able to find this information on a thread but I was curious to understand the best logging settings for RTK if I don’t have a known point to set the base on, or access to NTRIP.

Thanks in advance!
Jordan

If you do not need absolute accuracy, average the base coordinates then lock them in. You are now ready to send corrections. It will be precise relative to itself.

If you really want to get absolute accuracy what you want to look into is PPP, its surprisingly easy.

I submitted to NRCAN. You log GPS and Glonass at 30s intervals on whatever the newest Rinex version is. I logged for 24hrs, but it really seemed excessive. 4-12Hrs is most likely more than enough.

The longer you log the position the more data can be calculated.

You can submit immediately for ultra rapid results, or wait two weeks and get the final most accurate results.

My difference between ultra rapid, and final processing were 1cm horizontal, and 10cm vertical.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the response! This makes sense.

Ideally we stick to absolute. Would you ever PPP a location and then install a pin/monument so you could then go back and then just place the base off the known point?

Absolutely

1 Like

Double absolutely.

Saves a pile of time having a known point with known coordinates. This summer I am building monuments on different fields, so I always have one ready to go to locally run the tractor outside of cellular base range.

2 Likes

Hey there,

I just wanted to add that we have several guides that might be of help here:

• Placing the base explains different ways of placing the base and determining its position
  • PPP introduction describes the main settings and requirements to meet for a successful result
  • OPUS workflow shows the best settings for the OPUS

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.