Mission Planner Wizard - initial config

I am having a problem trying to get Mission Planner through the initial setup Wizard.

I have a hexa frame and have Navio2 running sudo ArduCopter-hexa -A udp:192.168.0.15:14550 -C /dev/ttyAMA0 > /home/pi/start$ in the /etc/rc.local. I can, when I go into Mission Planner connect either with UDP or via my serial telemetry, so I know that this part is working.

But, when I try to run the Wizard, I open Mission Planner, then go directly into Initial Setup without connecting. I am asked for my frame type and I pick multi rotor then select the hexacopter image. Mission planner then wants me to select a com port, and if I pick the port with my serial telemetry I get a time out. The UDP port does not appear. Also I can not click next so I am at a loss what to do.

If I try again, but this time connect to the UDP or Serial port before I start the Wizard, Mission Planner bypasses the frame selection and defaults to a Quad, not Hex so that is a problem.

I read some place in the documentation that the firmware load is not needed with the Navio2 but I can not find that again but I also found another post about downloading the arducopter firmware so I downloaded the one for the hexacopter (called ArduCopter.elf). The post says to copy to Pi and make executable but I am not sure how to do either of those things.

Sorry but I am definitely having a mental block on what to do. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hank

This procedure is only for MCU based flightcontrollers. Just follow the emlid docs and ignore the MissionPlanner setup wizard. If you already have Arducopter running, everything is as it should be.

Sebastian,

Thank you for the update. Will move on to calibrating ESC’s and mounting flight controller.

Just a different question. On my little ZMR250 racer I installed LED’s controlled by the flight controller and using CleanFlight I am able to sync these with what the quad is doing. Do you know if anything has been developed like that for Navio2 running on Pi. I am sure the Pi would have enough extra processor to control some LED’s but there doesn’t seem to be any extra programmable GPIO pins avilable (or at least what have I come across). I have some other arduino based controllers and could use one of those, but just curious and if someone else has done it I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. The LED’s are actually kind of nice for visual feedback if your not flying fpv.

Adifruit has a USB WS2812 (FadeCandy - Dithering USB-Controlled Driver for RGB NeoPixels : ID 1689 : $24.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) controller that looks like I could use the USB port on on the Pi and run a background service on the Pi to control the LED’s.

Best regards,

Hank