Mission Planner connection problem

Hi Tatiana,

The board is in office so I could do it on next Monday.

I meant that I did reflash the firmware without updating, and my I lost connection from NAVIO with MP after conecting for a while. The LED light became solid yellow or no light.

And I also tested reflash firmware with update, still lost connection.

Thanks

Hi tatiana,

This is the screenshot

I found that sometimes it can keep connection well, but will lost connection in most time.
Thanks.

Hi all,

My project has stuck with the lost connection issue for already 2 months.
To make my deadline, I have to work against the clock.
I think that I applied myself to cooperating with you of testing, and I cannot waste time on it anymore …

Therefore, if you could not find the problem of the NAVIO2 board through internet could you
just replace a new one for me and test it by yourselves?
It may also save time for you…

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @stella,

It takes so long because this doesn’t look like a hardware issue. It’s rather strange and unexpected behavior. However, all tests you accomplished for now make me think that this is not software related.

The only assumption I have for now is that STM on Navio2 was burned. It might occur when you connected ESCs to servo rail wrongly:

Let’s try to check it. Could you please verify if the STM chip is getting hotter when the ardupilot fails?

Hi tatiana,

The chip is a little got hotter, but it was almost the same with other element on Navio2.

And the picture is a mistake for taking picture, I haven’t run it with the wrong connection.
You could see the video I posted before, thanks.

@stella,

May I ask you to update RCIO using the following command then?

sudo emlidtool rcio update -f

Hi tatiana,

I updated RCIO with the command and reboot.
The following are some result screenshot:

The status after lost connection:

Thanks.

@stella,

Thanks for accomplishing this test!

I’m afraid ay this step it’s really hard to understand what’s going wrong with this unit. We’ve never faced such behavior before.

Please contact us on support@emlid.com for further details.

Hi tatiana,
OK, Thanks a lot.

1 Like