Micro servo not working with navio2

I have connected micro servo to navio2 servo rail, run Servo.py example and the motor do nothing. the program keep running without any prints/comments to the screen

You also need to feed power to the servo rail…

Marc

How it can be done? The navio connected to battery

Follow the instructions: https://docs.emlid.com/navio2/ardupilot/hardware-setup/#servos

ok, and for the ESC and real motors I dont understand why do I need to power the servo rail from the dalrc 4in1 esc, the motors get power from the esc, and the navio get power from the battery

Servos can draw a lot of current and the connection between the power module and the Navio is just enough to power the RPi/Navio combo. So you need a ESC with BEC or a standalone BEC to power the servo rail if you want to use servos.

I was asking about real motors not servos, they are connected to esc and get power from battery why do I need in addition to power the servo rail in navio?

You do not need to power the servo rail if you only connect ESCs to it.

So I can connect the 4 wires of motors from the esc to navio and run them without powering the servo rail?

I may be a bit slow, but weren’t you asking about using a micro servo with the Navio and why it wasn’t working?
And now we are at how to connect a dalrc 4in1 ESC?
You will need to connect at least 5 wires from the ESC to the Navio. 4 x PWM/Motor signal and 1x GND.

yes, I would like to test one motor, so connecting dalrc 4in1 , 1 wire ground and 1 wire signal to navio, is enough to run the motor? how can I continue from here? apm planner? or directly from code?

Hi @roishachar,

Have you managed to test the motor? The easiest way to run it is over GCS.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.