Manual Base Mode

Have you got the chance to look at my videos, yet?

I posted a link to another conversation were I show my base and rover configurations in case you might need to refer to that.

Thanks Tatiana

Holly Molly, I did not know that. I just configured the base and rover according to the set up for first time videos. I can see the QZSS box checked, so I thought I had to enable them as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Sergio,

I’ve looked into the videos and photos and want to give a couple of comments.

When entering the averaged base’s position manually, you need to turn off the Antenna height option. ReachView 3 supposes you enter the coordinates of a ground mark when you fill in a base position in the Manual mode. The Average Single mode finds the position of the antenna phase center, so the antenna height is already taken into account.

In other respects, your settings look fine. I’ll take another look at your videos and test the Manual mode with our receivers to see what could happen in your case.

I can see the QZSS box checked, so I thought I had to enable them as well.

If you are far from Japan, the receiver won’t see the QZSS satellites and shouldn’t use them to calculate the solution. So, even if QZSS is enabled, it shouldn’t affect Reach’s solution negatively.

2 Likes

Thanks, Kseniia, I hope you can help out. If you guys need more videos, let me know. All I want is to be relate the base over a known point.

One more thing. I Live in an area where UTM coordinates are mainly used. Government ground marks (decimal) are scarce where I live, or kind of far away, so I would have to rely on points (UTM) previously gathered by a Surveyor in some instances.
Knowing this, would it be ok if I transform the UTM coordinates into decimal coordinates and get the ellipsoidal height using google earth to complete the LLH format? Should my RS+ work if I use this workflow?

I got it! Thanks

1 Like

Curious, did the following solve your problem?

I haven’t tried it yet. I have been a bit busy, but I will try it soon. I will show you my findings once I re-test the equipment. Thanks for being close to this thread.

Hi Tim, Just to let you know, I re-did the test, and this time it worked.

I believe that I am so keen to start right away that I don’t give the RS+'s enough time to find the solutions they need to work in RTK.

I think the base height was not the problem, however, this time I omitted this field and I ended up with a fixed solution.

Overall, I think my problem was created because I do not know how these equipments work at all.

I will keep practicing and hopefuly, get very familiar with the emlids, and build a good knowledge so I can move to the RS2’s.

One more thing, I disabled the QZSS constellation, I don’t think I will be in Japan in the near future haha.

5 Likes

You have the right attitude. As Socrates said, knowing that you know nothing is the right way to approach a new subject. :+1:

1 Like

I appreciate your words of encouragement Gabriel. They came at the right time. Thanks for the support!

4 Likes

Hi Sergio,

Great to know you have good results! If you need any other help with your Reach, don’t hesitate to ask your questions.

2 Likes

Thank you for your support. I will do so. I am pretty sure I will be asking many more questions in the near future haha.

2 Likes

hola Sergio, veo que resolviste tu duda, checando tus coordenadas de la base parece que te encuentras en Mexico, tengo algo de tiempo trabajando con los RS2 y con la red geodésica nacional yo me encuentro en Nayarit, si tienes alguna duda periódicamente entro al foro de la comunidad solo que en español por que no se me da mucho el ingles pero si se te ofrece algo por ahí te puedo apoyar saludos.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.