Maintain FIX during movement with M+

Hi @polina.buriak and @wizprod
I test the reach rs+ with the previous rover M+. After a period of stabilization, it works fine and i got a fix on the rover.

My setup

Here are the logs
SystemReport(2).zip (287.8 KB) solution_202005181252_LLH.zip (139.8 KB) raw_202005181252_UBX.zip (3.8 MB) base_202005181252_RTCM3.zip (437.9 KB) SystemReport(1).zip (244.2 KB) solution_202005181246_LLH.zip (52.2 KB) raw_202005181246_UBX.zip (1.7 MB)

Do you see anything to improve ? If not I can close the thread.

Hi @Tomlogan,

Sorry for the delayed response!

I can see that it takes a rather long time for the rover to establish a Fix solution. I’ll attach the screenshot below.

It seems like it happens because of the low observational data quality on the rover. You can see that there are not many satellites with SNR over 40. Also, there is a significant amount of the cycle slips present.

This may be due to the setup specifics. From the photo you uploaded, I suppose that Reach M+ is placed on the ground near the case for the test. You might want to lift it above the ground to improve the satellite reception and exclude the possibility of LoRa signal interruptions from the obstacles. I believe that with the improved rover placement it’ll be easier to achieve fix.

It’d be cool to check your further results :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer, the M+ will be on top of a boat
It will be better I think. I will tell you once I go back on it.

BTW how can we display the logs as graph like yours ?

1 Like

@Tomlogan,

You can open both observational files and position logs with RTKPlot from the RTKLib QT apps. You can download them in our GPS Post-processing guide. More information on how to check the data quality can be found in Understanding PPK solution and analyzing logs from Reach guide.

Hey there,

Just wanted to add that our latest stable version v2.22.5 should shorten the Fix reinitialisation time and improve the RTK solution even more. It’d be great if you could confirm that it works well for you.

You can check out the full list of fixes and improvements in this community forum thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.