M2 with external radio Lora via S1 port

Hi!

I want to mount my RTK with two M2 cards, I bought a pair of radios with LoRa technology on the M2 I’m using the S1 port, communication is happening, but the rover only identifies 9 satellites sent by the base, while the base is tracking more than 28 satellites the solution is like Float. any suggestions on how i can solve this?

The radio manufacturer asked me (How many bytes does the M2 send on port S1 in a transmission)

1 Like

If you are using all constellations at 1hz, bare minimum is 19200baud.

Set arp to 0.1 hz, that is all that is needed.

1 Like

Mine too! I tried to use various combination of LoRa radio parameters (air data rate, radio frequency, satellite configuration), even I used antenna from another manufacturer, but the satellite correction is always less than actual satellite tracking in base.

However, when I use NTRIP service, the received satellite correction number always almost same with the rover. So what is the ideal LoRa configuration in purpose of getting more satellite correction?

If you are missing the data it may be getting clipped off, or not sent at all.

Lots of data radios have settings for packet structure, if your data does not fit within the predefined envelop it gets clipped off. So the the radio buffers in a certain amount of data into a packet before its sent, a rtcm3 message clipped in the middle to fit the packet will be rejected at the receiving end.

Check to make sure the radio is set up to stream the data, send one byte of data as one byte of is received from the base.

The settings for packet structure will be outlined in your radios manual.

Hello, follow the configuration of Radio LoRa.
Question what the manufacturer made me (schemaize what you are doing? With package examples? Packet size sent? )config radio .pdf (315.1 KB)

You need to have the radio so it is streaming streaming, not stopping and starting.

What brand of radios are you using? There may be someone on here that has them as well.

You will have to read the user manual, or get support from the manufacturer. This is as far as I am willing to troubleshoot this issue as I do not have any hardware to test or configure.

Hi @dadossc,

The issues with getting a Fix usually depend on environmental conditions and RTK link quality. If the base or receiver stands close to tall buildings and trees, they can block a signal from satellites. Also, such obstacles may affect the radio signal since LoRa radio is low-powered.

If you get an unstable signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) at the base, the rover may not use all the data to calculate the position. This can be the reason why you see fewer signals from the base on the rover.

I’d recommend checking the environmental conditions for both base and rover. If they are placed under open sky view, but you still have issues, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.