M2 to Host 5v Power Out

So I have an M2 that per the online docs states that if I power the M2 via the JST, then I can use the micro usb as host power for another device. I cut into a micro usb, connected the red and black wires to the second device and it did nothing. My understanding is that it would host 5v but it did not. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Seth,

May I ask you to elaborate on which power source you use? Does it provide 5V 3A power?

I’m using a dc down converter that pulls from a 22v DC battery.

Hi Seth,

Does the Reach M2 power on with your setup?

May I also ask you to specify the DC/DC converter you are using?

Yes it does power on. Here is the converter I am using.

D-PLANET [8-Pack] LM2596 DC-DC Adjustable Buck Converter 3-40 V to 1.5-35v Step Down Power Supply High Efficiency Voltage Regulator Module … https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C2QF1T1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_-AuiFbD09ZWZG

Hi Seth,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! We’ve been trying to reproduce your setup to find out what might be the cause of your issue.

May I ask you to clarify whether you connect a host device over USB-OTG cable? It’s the only way to make them work together.

Also, could you post your hardware setup photos?

Yes that is correct. I took a micro USB cable and cut one end of it to use just the positive and negative ends to try and power the second piece of equipment.

Hi @Seth.Z,

Could you please also share the hardware setup photos? It’d help us a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.