M2 imu

Currently M2 already has IMU on it .will this IMU data logging on the raw data.if Yes how can I extract the roll,pitch information?

Hi @Kalai_Selvan,

You’re right, Reach M2 has a built-in IMU unit. Still, there’s no easy way to extract its data within the app. We don’t use it in the internal calculations either.

To have such details on a drone, I recommend going for the external IMU. I can’t suggest anything specific but our users have shared some ideas on which one to use on our forum. You can also use a ArduPilot’s forum as a go-to in such questions.

What is the m2 imu chip?

It might not be worth using anyway. Currently the best per dollar is bosch Bno08X (080,085,086) $30 on alixpress with breakout board. Very stable unit, for very low cost.

MEMS IMU hardware and stability changes have been happening very rapidly lately.

Hi @PotatoFarmer,

You’re quite right :slightly_smiling_face: . The best decision here is to get some external IMU since the data from M2 IMU isn’t used in the calculations. Thanks for sharing the possible choice of the device!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.