Low cost Robotic Total Station options?

Yeah, yeah, I know, low cost and robotic total station don’t go hand in hand. (much less being robotic).

But figured I’d ask since the same similarly could have been said about GNSS equipment before Emlid came onto the scene. Thank you Emlid! : )

Has anyone come across a company like Emlid that provides low cost Robotic Total Stations that have reflectorless laser EDM (ToF)?

Or maybe a lower cost 3D Disto type alternative product but with built in GNSS also like the RS2? Seems this would fit more in a lower cost option like Emlid is to GNSS.

If not, maybe something Emlid could look into for a future product? I am quite sure many would be interested in something like this. I.e. RS2 is $1899 US, so would be more than willing to pay roughly double that for a hybrid device like this, especially since a 3D Disto goes for about $8000 US.

Thank you!

Did you mean to say robotic? The definitely makes your hunt a tough case. Expect about $15k at least. If not then you might look for a Futtura TS-100. They are a pretty decent reflectorless for about $1800 but the reflectorless is only 200-300 meters. There is also the AdirPro 714 that is about $2500 and the reflectorless jumps up to 600-700 meters.

1 Like

Look on ebay. There are usually some ok deals to be had. But for a robotic setup, you probably don’t anything reasonable modern or in good enough condition for under 5k-6k usd.

1 Like

yeah… kinda figured so… $$$$$$

so… I guess what I am now suggesting… is we need another “disruptor” for the Robotic Total Station/Hybrid/laser layout (like 3D DISTO)/GNSS world like Emlid is to the GNSS only world.

; )

2 Likes