Losing LoRa setting after shutting off Rover

I am using a pair of RS2 as Base and Rover with great success to survey the installation of underground services, locate several hundred landscapes lightning and other construction on a private farm of about 13 acres. My equipment is less than two year old, and has about 50 hours of operations since I bought it. Both RS2 are kept in there carrying case when not in service.

Prior to write here, I scan the web for an answer and couldn’t find anything that relate to the following behaviour that exist only on my Rover:

After powering ON the Rover, about 50% of the time the Correction input setting for the Lora antenna change to Serial (RS-232-38400) by itself without reason and every other setting are fine. When this append, it became impossible to select the LoRa anymore. I keep getting the same error message ‘Couldn’t apply Changes’ in a black box.

The strangest behaviour is that if I completely turn off and on (reboot) the unit several time. After several cycle, it finally accept the configuration for the Lora Correction input and then keep it all day long until the next power off. This has never happened on the Base unit (but the base only use Lora in output) even if both are always reinstall at the same time for every use.

The problem was not present when I started to use Reachview 3 with both RS2 units in development Firmware a year ago. Maybe a coincidence, but the problem start to appear several month ago with the upgrade to the version v2.24.2 Stable. Today, I upgrade the Rover to the version 27.1 and the problem is still there.

I also upgrade Rechview 3 to version 6.9 without any success in relation to this problem.

Best regards,

Daniel Poissant

Any body from Emlid available to answer?

Daniel Poissant

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to our community forum! It’s exciting to know you’ve used your Reach RS2 units for such various tasks :slight_smile:

Have you tried to reset the settings on the rover and set them from scratch? If it doesn’t help, please share the Simple System reports from both units. I’ll check if the issue has something to do with the setup.

Hi Daniel,

Did the settings reset change anything? If not, please share the reports just to dig a bit deeper.

Hi Ksenila,

I will do the test this week and provide you a feedback.

Thanks for your follow up

Daniel Poissant

1 Like

Hi Ksenila,

I did factory reset the rover as per your requirement. This did not change the situation. The unit still refuse to accept Lora setting as input correction unless I keep rebooting the unit several time and then randomly, it will accept the configuration until I turn if off. It will keep it for days, if I don’t turn it off.

Please find the two Simple System reports you request.

thanks,

Daniel PoissantBase Simple Report.pdf (65.0 KB) Rover Simple Report.pdf (64.6 KB)

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

I can’t see anything suspicious in the settings except for the LoRa radio frequency difference. Nevertheless, it shouldn’t affect Reach the way you describe it.

Please share the Full System reports from both units. They include logs showing how Reach performs, so it should give us more info for the analysis. The reports contain some sensitive info as well, so please send them to support@emlid.com.

Also, do you work in ReachView 3 on an iOS or Android device?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.