Lora repeater

Hello!
I am going to use two ReachRS in rugged terrain in Greenland. The plan is to set up a base station on the roof of the research station building and then use the other as rover. There will likely be cases without line of sight, even if we raised the base station lora antenna a few meters.

Surely we can do post processing but to make it easier for users, I prefer RTK.

I was thinking about setting up a repeater station powered by a solar panel on the mountain slope overlooking most of the areas shaded from view from the base station.

Does anyone have any experience with lora repeaters? Would it be technically feasible?

Cheers,
Lars

Sounds like a great project! We also work over rugged terrain where our Lora drops out, so a portable repeater setup on a tripod would be really handy!

I have not been able to locate a commercial solution, so it seems like we will have to make a DIY unless what we need is simply a so-called LoRa Gateway. There are a few references to DIY Solar LoRa Repeaters on the web that could be inspirational such as SolarRepeater · travisgoodspeed/loraham Wiki · GitHub.
Cheers,
Lars

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.