Lora., is reliable?

Good morning.

Is LORA, emlid, realible for surveying task?

Yes.
As with every radio-link, there are of course limitation.

1 Like

Considering my experiencie with 5…20…35 w.

0.1 w… Its sounds low to me.

AM I wrong with it?

If you can actually see your base it works very far. I put it on top of a hill and was still getting 4 constellations corrections at the highest data rate 2 miles away without any errors.

I use it for machine control, even semi obstructed. Some trees or a building or two does not seem to hurt it. Sharp hills cut it off completely.

Currently upgrading only to an external 1w Lora Radio with a taller mast to see if it makes a difference. Hoping to cover at least a township 6x6 miles.

The emlid lora far surpassed my expectations of what 0.1W can do. Lora is based off the technology used to talk to distant space probes cool stuff.

2 Likes

Hi @geoarauco,

We’ve tested that our LoRa radio works fine on up to 8 km distance when the line of sight between the base and rover is provided. Some of our users conducted the tests on longer distances as well. I can suggest checking the test of the Reach RS2 LoRa in RTK on up to 40 km baseline.

Please note that if the line of sight is obstructed, it can affect the approachable baseline.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.