LoRa high age of differential - M2 Base / R2 Rover

Hi @deltakev,

You can only roll back from the current Beta to Stable. We don’t support older versions because only the latest firmware allows you to use all the implemented features and fixes. Some of them are vital for further work.

We’ve tested different RTCM3 message sets and can confirm the ones listed above should work fine. Please use them for now. The issue requires a thorough investigation, but we’ll do our best to find a solution faster.

Is there a current beta? Any chance this issue has been addressed in the beta?

Hi @deltakev,

Now the latest firmware version is 28.1. It’s the stable one.

Our devs are currently looking into this. I’ll write you once there’s news.

Small update - the problem remains after installing the latest firmware, 28.2. Still no corrections over LoRa with more than 2 constellations set.

Hi @deltakev,

We’re actively investigating this issue now. But it requires thorough research on the reasons and possible solutions, so the fix can take a bit more time than we wish. I’ll keep you posted on the updates.

1 Like

@JAGUERO just told me about this topic, had the same issue as everyone else here. Just updated to the latest beta version, got some success with the following RTCM3 messages:

1006 @ 0.1 Hz
1074 @ 5 Hz
1084 @ 5 Hz

With these settings, got a Fix solution right away. Float solution when below trees (not dense vegetation), but got a Fix solution in less than 10 seconds. I can work with these conditions for now, but I’ve noticed that the age of differential would increase, even standing right next to the base.

My original post was this one:

Hi @rsurveyor1,

I see my colleague Liudmila left an update in your initial thread. I’d suggest continuing the discussion there to keep it in one place. Otherwise, it’s just much easier to get confused.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say that a Reach M2 base should work fine with a Reach RS2 rover via LoRa radio on our new 29 Beta 2 firmware. If you have a chance to try it out, please let us know about your experience!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update. Do both the M2 and RS2 need the beta firmware, or can we put it on just the M2 for this fix?

Hi @deltakev,

It should be enough to update your Reach M2 base.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.