Lora frequency update problem for RS+

I want to configure the frequency of my Lora radio in my RS+. I normally use this device in the US but this survey is in Ireland where the permitted frequency range is different. I want to use 835 MHz which is in the valid range in Ireland but not the USA. The device knows it’s in Ireland (it reports the correct lat/Lon) but the setup in Reachview 3 is still applying the US constraints so it won’t allow to save the frequency I have requested. I have been able to set the frequency on my emlid M+ that is acting as my rover. I recently updated the firmware on both the M+ and the RS+ to the latest stable version 28.4.

Has anybody else seen this and come up with a way around the problem?

Hi Nigel,

Welcome back to the forum!

As I’ve checked, the allowed LoRa frequency band for Ireland is 863-870 MHz. Is this the range you see now in ReachView 3?

1 Like

Yes. I had no problem with my M+. We had someone with an old copy of the Reach software. He seemed to be able to make entry but the software complained that it would not save the entered value. We had the same problem with anotherRS+

1 Like

Hi Nigel,

835 MHz shouldn’t be allowed for LoRa in Ireland due to the country’s restrictions. That’s quite strange that Reach M+ allowed setting this frequency. Can you please share the Full system reports from both RS+ and M+ devices? We’ll check what’s going on with the LoRa settings.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.