Locus GIS thoughts and looking for IOS solution

I’ve started using Locus GIS on an android tablet with a bluetooth GPS connection to my Rover for staking and collecting data. I really like how simple it is to use and the fact that it lets me use shapefiles without any hassle. I tried the QGIS Qfield option for a while but kept having crashes and freeze up on my various android devices. Yes, I know it’s not a free solution but after all the time that I wasted on trying to get the free options to work I’m willing to pay for simplicity and reliability.

So now one of my colleagues would like to use this on an Ipad but I don’t see where Locus works in the IOS environment. Does anyone use an app on IOS that works well with shapefiles that they can recommend? Anyone out there use Locus GIS and an Apple solution that can provide a comparison?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Frank,

It’s been a while since you asked this question, but I have a small update for you :blush:

Our free mobile app ReachView 3 is available on iOS devices and supports working with the shapefiles. You can try it and share your feedback with us!