Local system feature request

After the last update the Reachview application improved a lot! The easting and northing in staking was necessary!
I believe a feature still missing and will be a must is LOCAL SYTEMS. Define a local coordinate system using some known local system points coordinates.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Localization has been a request ever since I joined the forum. We have methods to transform our drone data from surface to grid but being able to do a localization or input the values would be great.

2 Likes

Hi there!

Localization is a really cool feature! As always, I will pass your request to the devs.

I don’t know your use case, but sometimes Base shift function can help in some situations. I understand that it’s completely different, but Localization is more difficult and requires more time for us to implement.

Oh they know, lol! I haven’t tried the base shift yet but I suppose if I the base is setup near the centroid of the project then it may be within our tolerances. The main objectives for the way construction uses GNSS is to be able to easily setup in the field without PPP or PPK and just allow an “I’m Here” position. You let the base bake for about a good 10 minutes while it collects satellites and it just pulls a single average which could be up to 30ft off. As things move forward we are getting closer to using the network grid so now we are able to shoot using NTRIP and align the CAD to the rover and drone data. The second goal is just to make sure that we aren’t building outside of the Limits of Construction (LOC) and staying out of easements. It just has to fit what’s there. If control as it sits on the ground isn’t sufficient then we previously had to wait for a Surveyor to set more control. With the new process all I need to do is locate a couple of vertical benchmarks to dial in the ground elevations and use the network for horizontal.

This just happened on a county road project where there we 6 benchmarks listed and only two on the ground. One of which was 1.5 miles from us. I was easily able to hit those points on the network and establish an encompassing network for our Surveyors to localize to. This has also shown to be more accurate as they are able to achieve a localization deviation average of 0.02ft on the control points where previously we had to pick and choose to stay at 0.05-0.09ft as several points may localize outside of our 0.10ft tolerance.

Oh, and there was no CAD so we created a CAD via planimetrics from the drone map.

1 Like

Hi everyone…

Before, base setting in rover was already turned off to avoid accidental errors.

With the new interface is it possible to have its default turned off for RS+.

MANY THANKS TO THE NEW INTERFACE.
IT’S REALLY VERY HELPFUL.

MON

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.