Loading GPS Metadata into photos

This isnt direclty a Emlid pointed question but im trying to figure out how to load GPS data into photo metadata. I have some multispectrial images that I need to load included GPS data into each tiff page image. I figure the same way that PPK is done when using the airborn reach system to log and load that data into the photos after the fact.

Hi Brian,

You need to use GDAL lib for this. Maybe this link will help.

Brian, did you find an easy solution for your question. I am currently looking for a solution since I currently use DroneDeploy and it requires the photos to be geotagged instead of loading a separate file. I’m not really good at command line or linux so the link Andrew provided wouldn’t be the best solution for me.

Exifs geotag will be less accurate than a separate file.
There is a ton of software doing that like gpscorrelate

Yes, but I currently use DroneDeploy to offload the processing of the images. They only allow geotagged images to be uploaded so I have to go that route for now. The software you referenced uses existing GPS track/log to match photos with locations via timestamps. I have purchased a Reach, not yet delivered, and hot shoe adapter to collect the location the image was taken so I am looking at accurate data, I just need a way to add the locations to the images before I can upload them.

Or may be it’s time to shift to another system :slight_smile:
Drone deploy is just a web interface to pix4d server. Same algorithms… which are based on SURE photogrammetry
Geosetter if you are in Windows but there is a lot of software like that !

Was there any resolution here? I am processing my first batch from my M+ P4P and will need to do the same for DroneDeploy. I am an Enterprise user and beta-tester and it is not an interface for a Pix4D engine.

All good now if anyone watching this thread hasn’t seen. Geosetter with the GPX from RTKLIB RTKPOST.