Line stake out

Hi guys. Correct me if wrong, but I don’t think it’s possible to stake out a line at random intervals along the line btn two points with RV3? This would a very useful inclusion as this function is regularly used by land surveyors.

2 Likes

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the community forum!

Currently, the lines stakeout is not supported in our app. Nevertheless, we consider adding this feature in the future ReachView 3 versions. Thanks for your request!

At the moment, if you have an Android app that supports lines stakeout, you can set the position output on Reach via Bluetooth to work with this feature.

2 Likes

I also think this would be sweet.

Currently using QGIS, but it seems overkill to draw a straight line.

If you could pick two points and have rv3 draw a line between them , ab line, that would be very useful. Then tell RV3 the chainage spacing along that line.

Also pick one point, a compass heading and spacing, A+ line. This would be handy for exploring, and to line up objects over long distances.

Just like the Carnac stones, RS2 is eventually going to leave a permanent line on this earth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnac_stones

1 Like

I would also really like this feature, which would be very very useful in ReachView 3! This is exactly what I purchased the RS+ for, to stake out fence posts along a property line. Doing this in the phone app would be survey mode would be so slick.
I currently can’t find an alternative easy way to do this (suggestions?)

4 Likes

Paul and Todd are absolutely right in my opinion. Staking out points on a pre-defined line is one of the basic tasks of surveying.

I understand that not every request from every user can be implemented in ReachView 3 and that the software should remain simple. But the staking out within a straight line or axis is just as important to me as the direct staking out of a point.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks for your input and ideas! It’s always valuable for us as we’re aimed at implementing the features which are necessary for our users.

I can definitely see how that would be useful and how other users would benefit from having this option. We’re keeping track of this kind of feature request, and our devs team already knows about them. Hopefully, this is something that could be incorporated in future releases.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.