Leica Infinity Does not detect double frequency

Hello everyone, I would like to ask about the post process with Leica Infinity.

I have a concern, because apparently when Rinex 3.03 is used the program detects the two frequencies in the Rinex (L1 and L2) when I process data from a Trimble TRM598000 SCIS reference extension and my EMLID RS2 rover but it does not give me a fixed solution, it gives solution (code). When I use Rinex 2.11 it gives me a fixed solution, but it only uses a single frequency. Although the result is acceptable, as I compare the results with RTK Lib, I want to know how some Leica Infinity users are solving this. Note this only happens when I correct my data with the Trimble reference stations of the IGM. If you use two Emlid RS2s with either rinex 2.11 or 3.03, solve using the two frequencies.

The images show the results with rinex 3.03 and rinex 2.11

Hi Marlon,

Could you please clarify whether the RINEX 3.03 and 2.11 logs were obtained from the same UBX log? If so, do I understand correctly that you’ve converted the log in our version of RTKLib?

same problem with LGO

Si claro uso el mismo rtkconv de Emlid.

Hi Marlon,

Do I understand it right that you processed the same UBX raw data in RTKConv to get RINEX 3.03 and RINEX 2.11 logs?

The public section of the forum is in English. Next time, please, use English so that everyone can participate in the conversation.

1 Like

Hi Cătă,

Could you please elaborate on the issue you’ve faced? Do you get different results with the same log converted to RINEX 3.03 and 2.11?

If I have processed my UBX data, I have converted it to RINEX 3.03 and 2.11. For both cases, Leica Infinity gives me a fixed solution using only 1 single frequency. Also use RTKLib and for that case, if it gives me a fixed solution in double frequency … but it is necessary to make a geodesic network, mooring and that does not count this program (in itself, to process several baselines at once).

It seems that the rinex 2.12 format in a certain way I have been able to make it detect the double frequency, but now the case is that it does not give me a fixed solution … be careful only in Leica, in other programs yes.

Greetings

Could it be another case of Emlid not tracking the older L2P signal and the software considering having only L2C as not being good enough?

1 Like

Hi Marlon,

Could you please share the raw data log from the Trimble reference station and the UBX log from your Reach RS2 to take a closer look?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SLyc5qv8H_xTz9fqIqdIL1HZdI6gyoLw/view?usp=sharing

I attach the data

When processing records with lgo only the frequency l1 seems to work.

Hi Marlon,

Thanks for the data!

Is there a chance that you can provide the Trimble raw data log in the RINEX format? Also, it would be of help if you can send the base data from the Reach RS2 base. It will allow me to compare the Trimble and Reach base logs to check the differences that may lead to such behavior.

Hi Kseniia,
here is a free Trimble raw data converter :
https://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-869391/convertToRinex314.msi
Rinex file v3.03 size is about 172 Mo.
Baseline Length : 46.798 Km.

the raw data of the RS2, is also inside the shared file in UBX format, and the rinex converted as Zinou says for trimble it can be downloaded free of charge fromhttps://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-869391/convertToRinex314.msi

Hi Marlon,

If I get it right, there is only a rover RINEX file in the folder. If you can provide the RINEX log from the Reach RS2 base as well, it would allow me to check why there can be a difference in processing data with different base stations.

We use only RTKLib for RINEX logs converting. The T02 format isn’t supported in this software, so I can hardly convert the attached log. That’s why I’d ask you to help me with converting the data to the RINEX format.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.