Land Levelling with Reach

Hi David,

Do I get it right that you mean leaving only stakeout values on the screen? Without the map and the rover/base icons?

1 Like

What I meant was leaving only the cut and fill values and some up and down arrows on the screen , For that elevation stake out we are not to interested where the point itself is so we don’t need the northing and easting shown . thanks

4 Likes

Hi David,

Noted! Thanks for your explanation.

2 Likes

Thank you

I saw trimble machine control gps on Dozers trying to rough finish roadway…jajaja what a joke! They created a roller coster…grades where all over the place, to high or to low…a few miles long and working on it for days. It was on I-75 Bradenton, FL YR2019. If you want to do fine grading you need a grader with a controller receiver like a Robotic Total Station for control “with 3D surface” or something similar to control elevation…you dont use the gps.

1 Like

Not in my 15 years of machine control. Sounds like a crappy model. Probably contours instead of breaklines. Or a poor operator not using the model. Normally a motor grader would be used but I have seen dozers used in a pinch many times.

I’ll add that when we do runway work or use curb machines that requires +/-0.05ft we use laser-assisted “mm-gps”.

2 Likes

So maybe I wasn’t there…you can’t believe me. Its not about big brands, its about specs and what an equipment can do or not. I used a Trimble rover in that same job a new one by the way…$35k. I had to wait for a fix at times in the field, with open skys no obstructions and plenty of 3-4g coverage. Maybe this did not happen either, hard for you to believe.

Oh by the way…the 3D model was the same one used to finish the roadway project. Was never changed.

Yeah doesn’t matter. The operator can still turn off automatics. I don’t know what to tell you, but something wasn’t right.

1 Like

Running machines on NTRIP could cause issues too. Very susceptible to network latency no matter how good/fast your data connection is.

3 Likes