Javad Radio Modem Connections via BT

I am in contact with Javad tech support and after struggling to get ModemVU to properly configure modems they indicated using AWLaunch utility is the correct software for radio modem configuration. However, I can now connect to the HP435BT via ModemVU and screen captures from within are attached.

Is there a way to reset the BT configuration within Reach? Something odd is going on. I have attached several screen captures to help illustrate.

1. I connected my phone (Android ver 8.1.0) to my base Reach RS+ using Androids bluetooth connection setup screen and was successfully able to pair with Reach.

2. Within ReachView, I paired the phone at the Bluetooth configuration screen and at first the “connection” symbol appeared but after a few seconds it reverted to the “x” and presumably lost connection (see screen capture ReachBT_phone.jpg).

3. I changed ReachView to output position to BT and turned off the Base Mode setting. I then got the “Send Error (111)” on the Position Output screen, which as I understand means no data is being sent via BT (see screen capture Reach_BT_PositionOutput.jpg).

4. I installed a Bluetooth Serial Terminal app on my phone and was able to connect to reach only to discover NMEA sentences appearing in the Terminal. (See screen capture BT_Serial_Terminal.jpg).

5. also attached for reference are screen captures of both the reach and HP435BT bluetooth specs as captured by another bluetooth app. (see screen captures BTspec_xxx.jpg)

In my testing I am able to connect to the HP435BT modem using the same Bluetooth Serial Terminal but since no data is being passed around, it just sits their blank. But, at least I know it is staying connected.

It seems to me that something within ReachView is making the BT connection disappear which might be blocking the RTCM corrections from being transmitted?

Maybe with all of my BT testing in trying to make this work, I need some way of doing a full reset to ReachView and going back to defaults or clearing out all the pairings etc. (???) I initially tested this all using the current stable version of ReachView and after struggling to maintain a connection, I installed the current dev version, but without any luck.

Javad support is also looking at it from their side.

I appreciate the help in trying to get this to work.

CarlScreenCaptures.zip (1.1 MB)

ModemVU_1 ModemVU_2 ModemVU_3 ModemVU_4