Issues with connecting to NTRIP

Hmmm spoke to soon, it looks like mine were all wiped going from 2.20.7 to 2.21.0

Now when I try and re-apply correction input settings (and/or base output settings) it flags up that the “New settings were not applied!”.

Never done this before - any thoughts?

Edit: seems like its choking on entry of a FQDN when entering a NTRIP server address…but its happy with a plain numeric IP address.

Hmmm bug with DNS lookup??

Edit 2: seems like there is a bug with password sending for connection to an NTRIP caster in base mode. Appears the RS2 is sending a blank password as far as I can tell…

Hi @DirtyHarry,

Does your password contain any special symbols?
Do you use any special symbols (for example, /) while entering the NTRIP server address?

No special chars in Mount point push-in password, just simply upper and lower case alphabetic chars. Was and is working previously on 2.20.7.

The DNS resolution is also not working on NTRIP caster address using FQDN. Caster address is simply of the form mycaster.network without any other chars.

Will only Now work when entering a numeric IP address for the caster…

Hi @DirtyHarry,

We’ll try to reproduce that. Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Hi @DirtyHarry,

I believe the occurrence of described behavior depends on the NTRIP caster. We’ve tested several casters at the office and they work fine with both ways of address input.

Sometimes for the stable connection, it is required to enter the address via numeric IP.

I’ll check again (using the same settings and credentials) on the second RS2 That I’ve still got running the previous (stable) firmware version, but both domain name and NTRIP passwords were working fine.

Nothing has changed on the NTRIP caster, so that to me suggests a firmware bug with the latest (Dev) firmware release.

1 Like

Hi @DirtyHarry,

May I ask you to generate a Full System Report and send it to me in PM?

We’d take a closer look :slight_smile:

Now sent. Thanks again.

Hi @DirtyHarry,

Thanks for the report on this issue! We’ll fix it in the future updates :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I can now confirm that both the NTRIP server address issue and password issue have been resolved with the recent 2.21.1 release.

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming!