Issues importing points into Fulcrum (3rd party mapping system)

Fulcrum is an app/website our company uses to share data points easily among our employees. It’s not super accurate on our phones so that’s why I picked up a Reach RS+. I’m entirely self taught on this stuff so if you could, please keep that in mind when answering.

So I have a single rover setup and I am using the Florida Permanent Reference Network (FPRN) as the source for my NTRIP. The only options that I can see to use is the NAD83. Everything is working mostly great (still trying to talk boss into paying up for a second base unit) but when I go to import my points into our fulcrum app it imports them as a WGS84 projection. This gives me points that are 15-20 feet southwest of where I actually took them. This wasn’t apparent at first due to a lack of easily distinguished landmarks on most of my sites.

So I’m not really sure what to do at this point. I can send the csv files to our GIS person to convert but a lot of these points are just quick and dirty stuff to show contractors where to go or pointing out areas of interest so I’d like to be able to just import them correctly on my own.

Hi @Cowboys703,

If I get it right that FPRN transmits base correction in NAD83, and you chose NAD83 in the Coordinate System tab while creating a project in the ReachView 3 app, you should get points in NAD83. Could you please clarify whether you get points in WGS84 in the ReachView 3 CSV output or the coordinate system changes when you import points to Fulcrum?

Whenever I go to upload in Fulcrum it automatically chooses WGS84 as the coordinate system

If you have known points’ coordinates in NAD83, could you please share them and the CSV file with the same points exported from ReachView 3? I’ll compare the coordinates to check if there’s a shift. It is needed to determine the step at which something went wrong.

Are you asking me to find a benchmark and take a reading there and to provide it to you along with the benchmarks known readings?

Ok, it’s not allowing me to upload attachments due to being a new user

Name Easting Northing Elevation Description Longitude Latitude Ellipsoidal height Easting RMS Northing RMS Elevation RMS Lateral RMS Antenna height Solution status Averaging start Averaging end Samples PDOP Base easting Base northing Base elevation Baseline
3 538460.209 1415876.473 72.341 -82.36553832 28.22828088 -3.673 0.025 0.022 0.097 0.033 5.284 FIX 2021-04-26 10:28:36.2 UTC-04:00 2021-04-26 10:28:41.1 UTC-04:00 25 2.1 603153.895 1415483.556 85.957 64698.083

That is the csv from the benchmark near my office

The benchmark information from my local water management districts office is

Designation : 638595
Latitude : 28 13 41.8 N
Longitude : 82 21 19.6W

But the benchmark claims to be in NAVD88 which I know is the vertical datum (and the one I use) but it says nothing about wheteher it is in NAD83 or not

Have a look at OnPOZ Collect!
It runs with Emlid receivers on Android (using NMEA that comes from the BT). It is also available on iOS, but the compatibility with the Emlid BT is not yet available. That being said on iOS NMEA can be output/received via wifi (TCP).

The app allows you to create data entry forms, record data, upload existing data (as background or for edition), share data among employees, navigate to, measure, etc.

The app support datum, projection and orthometric heights. So on top of offering data collection trough forms it also offers accurate positioning!

Hi @Cowboys703,

For now, I see 2 issues that may lead to the coordinates shift in the Fulcrum app:

• The Fulcrum app uses an incorrect coordinate system for the points.

The coordinate system of the ReachView 3 project isn’t saved in the CSV file. Most likely, that’s the reason why Fulcrum can determine it as WGS84 by default. I believe that it should be possible to assign NAD83 for the points in the app.

• The measurements are not precise due to the large baseline.

As I can see, you collected the point at a 65 thousand feet distance from a base station. Reach RS+ can provide centimeter-accurate results on up to 10 km (32 thousand feet) baseline in RTK. On the larger baseline, the unit may get Fix, but the coordinates’ precision would be worse. If there is a chance that you can connect your rover to an NTRIP station located closer to you, please check if it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.