Issue running GStreamer on Windows

Hello
I am just starting my quadcopter build and I currently struggling with video streaming…
I could install all GStreamer packages on my RPi2 using the EMLID documentation but as well some posts of the forum (some links where broken/files missing during installation).
It finally worked after having made apt-get update and apt-get upgrade commands + install gstreamer-tools package.

Now I believe video streaming is sent from my RPi to the Host ip address.

There it starts not to work as I get the following error message when I execute the command on my PC (I am using the exact copy/paste of Emlid documentation) :
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not set property “caps” in element “udpsrc0” to “‘application/x-rtp, media=string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264’”

Does someone have a hint what went wrong?

Additional questions :slight_smile:

• the RPi sends video to a defined IP address which I assume is only valid through local network by Wifi or 3/4G. Is there a chance to perform it through 433Mhz telemetry? I fear my wifi range not to be very high with my phone hotspot function.

• is there a possibility to use a FPV camera providing analog signal instead of RPi CAM?

This makes a lot of questions… Thanks for your answers :smile:

Hi,

The command line below is working for me, need to change the ’ to " for Windows…

Cheers,

Stu.

E:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin\gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=9000 caps=“application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264” ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=f

It now works fine, thanks!

Do you think this also could work through 433 Mhz Telemetry instead of using wifi connection and streaming by UDP/IP protocol?
I could as well by a Wifi routeur USB key for setting up a decent telemetry range in Wifi from my quadcopter, but as I already bought the 433 Mhz system it would be more convenient for me to use it. The only doubt I have is about the bandwidth which may be smaller than wifi…

Not familiar with 433mhz, telemetry in Australia is 915mhz… It is good pratice to keep your RC, telemetry and video on different frequencies. We use 5.8ghz for wifi, have order a pair of Ubiquiti Rocket M5s for a fixed wing build.

I am waiting for my next Navio 2 to arrive to test mitigating the GPS interference issue with the Pi camera and ribbon cable. Given the direct interfacing of the PI camera interface to the GPU nothing else will compare for resolution and frame rate. If you are using an analogue FPV cameras you would need to use a USB frame grabber to interface to the Pi. You would have better results just using an analogue fpv transmitter.

Cheers,

Stu.

Telemetry does not have near enough bandwidth for a video stream.