Is my Signal to Noise Ratio good?

HI,

I have recently set up my EMLID RS2 as a base station in the desert with very clear view to the sky. However, I have noticed that the I don’t get a lot of “ green” satellite in the SNR section. I noticed a lot of people posting their SNR page with a lot of green satellites. What could be the reason for that given there are no source of obstacles nearby?
It’s good to mention that I have 2.4Ghz and LTE antenna nearby to allow me to access EMLID antenna from abroad.

Hi Layth,

Yep, these SNRs look good :slight_smile: We usually recommend filtering out signals with an SNR lower than 35. So such base data should be enough for the Fix calculation on the rover.

1 Like

Thank you!
What’s the main difference between orange and green bars?
I read somewhere in the documentation that it is good to have as many green bars as possible.

Green bars mean that the SNR value is excellent - above 45. It’s indeed good to have many of such bars. Still, the signals with slightly lower SNRs are also helpful for the calculation.

1 Like

Ok great!
Any specific things that could affect the SNR? Would 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi and LTE antennas affect it?
I would imagine that if the base station is in the middle of the desert with very open sky would definitely help having many green bars. But that’s not the case…

Except for the obstacles nearby, the satellite signals can be affected by RF noise. You can try to move your Reach RS2 as far from the other electronics as possible.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.