iPhone Hotspot Connections

I have been having issues connecting my RS2 to my iPhone 13’s hotspot. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but it stopped connecting. I can tell the phone recognizes the RS2 for a brief moment, but the connection fails. It looks like the last post about this is almost a year old, and I would like to know if anyone has had luck since last June.

I have reviewed and watched the guides and repeated the steps enough I could do them in a dark room. The RS2 is new and on the latest firmware. I tried resetting the network setting on my phone. I can probably just use the Bluetooth option, but it seems a new product should keep doing what it should and did. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Hi Curt,

Welcome to our forum!

Just to make sure: is the Maximize compatibility option still enabled on the Personal hotspot page of your iPhone?

Are there any difficulties with connecting this RS2 to other Wi-Fi networks? For example, to the Wi-Fi at home or office? It’d be useful to understand whether there are issues with connecting to the internet with every access point or if it’s only with the iPhone’s hotspot.

2 Likes

Hi Liudmila,

Yes, the Maximize Compatibility option is on. No, I am not having any other issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks. I spent some time trying to get it to connect to an app on my phone called Global Mapper Mobile, which took several attempts and was mostly successful. I cannot deny that the problem could be with the phone, but it worked flawlessly for a time. As noted, I reset the network settings on the phone in hopes of clearing the issue. I can attempt to connect to another phone’s hotspot, but I need to find someone with hotspot on their data plan.

I was able to get back on my phone’s hotspot. This is embarrassing, but I hadn’t done a hard restart of the phone. I did that and also renamed the network/hotspot on my phone to my initials to be sure it was unique, and the RS2 recognized it. Chances are it was just the hard restart that did it. I can’t believe I did not think of that before.

1 Like

Hi Curt,

Ah, that’s good news! I wouldn’t think about this too, but it’s great that you figure this out.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.