Is there any way to use an Emlid Reach + device with ArcGIS collector app on an IOS device?
i have looked into this multiple times and the answer is unfortunately no.
To directly connect a Bluetooth receiver with an iOS device, the receiver must be part of the MFi program as well as support the output of NMEA sentences. The following receivers can be used directly with Collector on supported iOS devices.
- Bad Elf GNSS Surveyor, GPS Pro+, GPS Pro, and GPS for Lightning ConnectorThe GNSS Surveyor and GPS Pro+ require firmware version 2.1.40 or later. The GPS Pro requires firmware version 2.0.90 or later. The GPS for Lightning Connector requires firmware version 1.0.24 or later.
- Dual XGPS160—Firmware version 2.5.4 or later
- Eos Arrow Lite, Arrow 100, Arrow 200, and Arrow Gold—Firmware version 2.0.251 or later
- Garmin GLO and GLO 2The GLO requires firmware version 3.00 or later and the GLO 2 requires firmware version 2.1 or later.
- Geneq SxBlue II and SxBlue III—Firmware version 2.0.251 or later
- Juniper Systems Geode—Firmware version 1.0.0 or later
- Leica Zeno GG04 plus—Processor board firmware version 1.0.20 or later
- Trimble R1, R2, and R10 Model 2The Trimble R1 requires firmware version 5.03 or later, the Trimble R2 requires firmware version 5.14 or later, and the Trimble R10-2 requires firmware version 5.34 or later.
everyone is different and there are a number ussage scenarios but there are a couple on that list that i really would not suggest for much. I would suggest you ditch your IOS device and use a Android or Windows 10 solution.
iOS devices don’t support a Bluetooth connection with Reach RS+, and the ArcGIS collector doesn’t receive data over TCP.
As an alternative, you can use other iOS software that has a TCP connection feature. Also, RS+ should work fine with ArcGIS Collector on Android devices.
EMLID have you looked into how much pizzo it would cost to join the Apple MFi program?
This is a long and complicated process. That’s why it’s taking a rather long time.
We’re figuring out how we can add this support in the future. We’ll keep you posted.
This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.