Install module WiFi on linux

Hello,

I used to run EDGE with a Windows ground station without problems, however now I switched to a linux and couldn’t follow to quick start guide.

When I try to install the WiFi driver with to command:
sudo ./install-rtl8812au

I got the following error message:

gabriel@gabriel-note:~/Downloads/edge/8812au$ sudo ./install-rtl8812au
[sudo] senha para gabriel:
EFI variables are not supported on this system
Building the module
make ARCH=x86_64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/5.3.0-26-generic/build M=/home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au modules
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-5.3.0-26-generic’
CC [M] /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/core/rtw_cmd.o
CC [M] /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/core/rtw_security.o
CC [M] /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/core/rtw_debug.o
CC [M] /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/core/rtw_io.o
In file included from /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/osdep_service.h:41,
from /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/drv_types.h:32,
from /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/core/rtw_io.c:52:
/home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/osdep_service_linux.h: In function ‘_init_timer’:
/home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/osdep_service_linux.h:277:8: error: ‘_timer’ {aka ‘struct timer_list’} has no member named ‘data’
277 | ptimer->data = (unsigned long)cntx;
| ^~
In file included from /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/osdep_service.h:41,
from /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/drv_types.h:32,
from /home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/core/rtw_cmd.c:22:
/home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/osdep_service_linux.h: In function ‘_init_timer’:
/home/gabriel/Downloads/edge/8812au/include/osdep_service_linux.h:277:8: error: ‘_timer’ {aka ‘struct timer_list’} has no member named ‘data’
277 | ptimer->data = (unsigned long)cntx;
| ^~

Hi Dien,

Welcome to our forum!

It seems, that the WiFi driver package is outdated for your current Linux kernel version. You can clone git repository from here and try once more, it should work.

Please, let me know once you finish.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.