Initial setup - Correction Input (Couldn't connect to NTRIP)

I think timd1971 is on the right track as I’m sensing some disconnects here.

If you are using Emlid Caster, think of it as simply a relay service. First you have to feed it base corrections, and only then it will relay them out for you to any rovers that connect.

So as per the last example, your RS2+ is not receiving any corrections in - even though it’s connected as a rover - simply because you are not feeding any corrections to the Emlid Caster in the first place for it to send back out. So the RS2+ is just patiently waiting for you to do something else and something to eventually turn up. E.g. it’s a like a bank, you can’t take out what you haven’t put in. Well you could, but it’s not going to end well either.

Likewise, you can’t use the RS2+ as a base to send corrections to the Emlid Caster Mount Point, and at the same time connect the RS2+ as a Rover to receive the back the same corrections that aren’t really corrections. Discovering perpetual motion would be great, but in reality it would be like a dog starting to eat it’s own tail, if it doesn’t stop it’s going to get ugly very quickly.

If I’m misinterpreting the scenarios above please accept my apologies to both yourself and the dog.

The most important thing up front is to first decide the known reference point that all your differentials will be based on. Two different & basic options based on your comments above would be OK but they are different approaches:

1. Yes, you could do it by using the Average Fix you mentioned, this is all good, but you will need to use a seperate external CORS NTRIP correction into the RS2+ Base. Guide here:
    Averaging base position in FIX | Reach RS2/RS2+ (emlid.com)

2. And if you wanted to do it with the Average Single you mentioned, that’s also OK. In this case you won’t need the external CORS NTRIP (or any internet), but later you will require the CORS observation files to post-process your Averaged Single base position to a Fixed solution in Emlid Studio, and then subsequently apply the resultant shift to your RTK data from the Rover and Drone that were using the RS2+ as Base.
    Guide here: How to correct collected points with a new base position? - Support tips - Emlid Community Forum

All the best for tomorrow

5 Likes