IMU data over TCP

I have read that RTK should support IMU output somehow someday. Is there any concrete ETA for that?

Until that, I would like to ask, what would be the bast way to serve IMU data from RTK module? I have tried MPUtest as discussed here: IMU data from Reach Kit

The problem is that ssh buffers output and I get a lot of messages once (and then silence for some time etc). I wold really like to have a better control over the communication - every messages gets sent right after reading it.

Does someone have a suggestion on how to write a TCP (or some other) server inside RTK module? It’s not probably a good idea to write up a huge stack which takes a lot of additional CPU. May-be Reach dev team already have some ideas or even started working on it?

Thanks!

I gave up on the Reach IMU for foot based operations. Far better solution is a standalone (and cheap) oblu personal dead reckoner. It is a great complement to Reach and can be easily integrated (in post processing) to noisy satellite nav under trees for example.

This topic was automatically closed after 100 days. New replies are no longer allowed.