Impossible to increase GPS Data Rate ( linked to GNSS Config )

Hi,
I have been working on the Navio2 exemples for one month and I’m still stuck at one point, concerning the UBLOX M8.
Indeed, I couldn’t manage to raise the frequency of the UBLOX to 10 Hz.

It seems that the issue is the GNSS configuration : by Default, the UBX module takes multiple GNSS constellation (GPS + Glonass + QZSS + … ) which restrain its max output frequency, thus it’s impossible to get data at 10 Hz.
The only way to have the data at 10 Hz is to change parameters on U-Center (via Utilities/ublox-to-tcp) , enabling only the GPS constellation (in CFG-GNSS) and disabling the others.
Unfortunately, The settings only stay for max a day, then reset automatically (due to spi-memory written on flash ??? ) . Maybe there is a way to fix UBX-CFG parameters easily in the ublox.cpp ?

I have tried to use the .configureSolutionRate function, but I couldn’t manage to improve the frequency with it (when displaying the GPS sample time).

Thank you,
Jean

Hi @JeanDrone,

We’ve added this functionality 2 weeks ago, could you be as kind as to update your Navio2 repo?

Hi,
I have updated the repo, but the function doesn’t change the rate of the M8N for me. (The only time the rate is accurate is when I choose only the GPS constellation on Ucenter).

Hi Jean,

With Glonass On, the highest possible frequency is 5Hz. Do you have only GPS enabled?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.