Importing a .KML to be viewed on the reach view Map

using the RS2 to mark GCP’s, is there a way to import points or a boarder to be displayed on the map for situational awareness?

1 Like

Yes. You would just need to convert to CSV, shapefile, or DXF I Import to RV3.

1 Like

Hi @joel,

I agree with Zach. Now you can only convert your KML to CSV, SHP, or DXF with 3rd-party software and import points to ReachView 3. Regarding borderlines, you can’t import lines at the moment, but it’s on our roadmap!

Also, I’ll report to our devs about KML support.

1 Like

This would be awesome. We like to plan GCPs in Google Earth and it would be great to translate that to the filed app. We aren’t trying to be extremely accurate in google earth we just want general areas that our field guys know where to go to set control and collect a point

2 Likes

Your request is noted. We’re working on adding satellite background map to the ReachView3, so stay tuned!

4 Likes

when exporting the survey in dxf format, only the number of the point and its height are exported… we need the description or a code to be exported to be able to know which points they are and do the cad drawing… and the satellite image of google maps or earth in the background, for location and reference while the survey is being carried out in the field… they are very useful things that are needed and would greatly help the work in the field. thanks and excellent work. Emlid is the best.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m here with some good news – linework, codes, and satellite map view are now available in our Emlid Flow app under the Survey plan. You can learn more about each feature in the Surveying in Emlid Flow section of our docs. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to create a new thread or reach out to us at support@emlid.com.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.