How to use joystick with ArduCopter and APM Planner 2.0

Dear Emllid community.
I just built a an Hexa with Raspberry 2 + Navio+ (ARduCopter) + Wifi 2000 mW for telemetry, Video and Joystick command with APM Planner 2.0.17/Ubuntu/PS3 gamepad for the Ground station.
I have now some trouble to send joystick command from ground station to the ArduCopter autopilot.
The network is fine, I get the telemetry from ArduCopter to APM Planner 2.0, I can read the EEPROM with APM Planner 2.0, but my joystick is ignored by the autopilot. The Joystick is working perfectly fine in the APM Planner 2.0 joystick tool.

Can you help me to figure out a way to send the joystick commands to the ArduCopter ?

Thank you

@fabienmonnier

Hello Fabien!

One of our community members @Bernt_Christian_Egel has made an amazing blog post that describes a setup for a joystick-controlled vehicle.

You can also refer to APM documentation.

Hi @staroselskiy,

Thank you for your very useful answer.
I was looking to use the APM Planner 2.0 instead of the Mission Panner because I need to run Ubuntu for the CGS. Fortunately I figured out a way to run Mission Planner on Ubuntu 15.04 with the last version of mono.
So I will follow the links you provided to me.
Does the community interested to know how to install Mission Planner on Ubuntu 15.04 with mono?
Thank you a lot for your help.
Cheers

@fabienmonnier

Always glad to help! Community would always be grateful for a nice tutorial!